Tuesday, August 23, 2016

What  does local mean to you?

It was recently pointed out to me that my website shouldn't focus on being local because local is irrelevant on the Internet.  But I can't really help myself because I am so incredibly proud of my community.

 New England is an amazing place to live.  Weather you love the beach,  or the mountains, or just walking in your neighborhood, you can find beauty.  You don't have to ski or hike- just knowing that you could if you wanted to is sometimes enough to get us through our busy lives.  We live in a place where most people want to come on vacation!

How could we not be proud of that?  

I am particularly proud of the artisans that we work with every day.  They create something from raw ingredients to share with the world.  Those ingredients might be maple syrup and butter, or reclaimed wood and steel~ it is all art.

If you are lucky enough to live in New England- support your local maker economy.  If not, please share ours, and know that you are supporting emerging artists and small companies,
 until you can visit in person some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment